Vegetable Garden - March 9




Thanks to Jean at for hosting Blooming Tuesday. I love this day to look at everyone's gardens and what they are doing that sign up and share in this carnival. Check out this link to see other participants http://msgreenthumbjean.blogspot.com/

This week I am still working on my garden plans. I bought veggie seeds and some flower seeds on Friday.

Our local nursery has said that for the first time in 27 years gardening is making a huge comeback and they can't keep in their garden seeds. I decided I better go and get mine. I usually do it in March anyway because I have spring fever by then and it is fun to be in a nursery. I tried to find some herilom seeds because I plan to harvest seeds this fall.

We are in zone 4 so we have warm weather crops and cold weather crops.

The things that will be planted first (sometime in April are:Peas, lettuce, beets, radish, carrots, onions, etc.
The warm weather crops here are things like corn, beans, squash, pumpkins, zucchini, and things I buy that are started like peppers and tomatoes.

I like to dry some of these things so I get extra to do that. I also get an extra bag for next year and tuck it in my basement. I also have a can of heirloom seeds that are canned in case of survival situations.

Last summers garden

Share on :
Vegetable Garden - March 9
Vegetable Garden - March 9
Reviewed by citra
Published :
Rating : 4.5