It is August!

Linking up with:
       Fertilizer Friday          
Our season is so late  this year  because it has been so cool - weird I know because the rest of the country is so warm -   the lily's are finally starting to bloom...here is the first wave of them,

This is a pot in our pond area - love this spike and so excited because I can overwinter it in our greenhouse.

Here is one of  the hosta's    This little spot wouldn't grow anything so I tried this  hosta and it loves it here.  I  am going to save seeds from Hosta's this year and start them in the greenhouse.  I think next week I will do a  hosta tour for my post.
Here are some Hop's  - I haven't ever grown Hop's before, but it is doing great! Not totally sure  what to do with this since we don't drink beer!  Have to study this out a bit.
  Holly hocks starting to grow....
 Delphinum


 Perenial Bachelor Button

  Love, love, love this Astilbe! It is amazing

 Daisy   and  Bee Balm
      Apples left, cherries middle, apricots on the right - apples and apricots not quite ripe.  The fruit is amazing.  We are picking a  1/2 to  1  gallon of  raspberries a day for now.
                        

These are carrot seeds.   I thought carrots were hard to seed .  They are a biennial so you have to plant them  and then get the seeds the next season .  I planted them and then last fall put a bale of  straw on them, this year they made it and popped right up!  WOO  HOO
Greenhouse Progress
We have all the boxes  placed   - we  sprayed the weeds.    This next week I am adding   compost to each box.
 

Thanks for stopping by - this week I am thankful for  fresh rain that we have  been able to enjoy this past week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have to show you one more picture:
Now this is my favorite picture -  we had a family reunion last weekend.  We have a family B-day party each year. This year we did a pirate theme.  We have  20 people with our kids, son in laws and  grandchildren. 
This is a picture of our  just our kids and g-kids.

I was so tired when everyone  left on Sunday Night - this was my kitchen Monday morning - the sink is full of cups and plates that aren't on the cupboard anymore.   It is clean now - what a great time we had!    (Everyone's cups are on a clothesline over the sink  - that is still up - I am such a romantic!)

Share on :
It is August!
It is August!
Reviewed by citra
Published :
Rating : 4.5